1 month

Well let's see if I can do this again...my blog ate my entire post!! I'm back for a little update and looking ahead. 1 month until my 33rd marathon. I am returning to the site of my 3rd marathon and first sub 4 (I managed a 75 minute PR!). I am not expecting anything as spectacular as that but hoping for a great race and maybe even a small PR. 


Training has been going well (almost hate to say it aloud!). I have been focusing on slowing down my easy and long runs allowing me to focus on harder speed and hill workouts. I've even raced a couple shorter races in this cycle and managed a couple PRs there! I haven't been forced to take time off (knock on wood!) and am up to 5-6 days of running a week.
I went into this training with a better strength base but have decreased that intensity over the past month. Rest days are being taken advantage of, no hard cross training but using these as yoga or pilates days and getting in a long walk with the dogs or an easy bike.

Nutrition has been better. UCAN is fueling my longer runs and helping me recover. I am overall focusing on metabolic efficiency and eating to fuel. I won't lie, I am still enjoying some treats: cupcakes, wine, french fries, etc. but overall the focus has been on whole foods and good eating. Except the occasional post long run egg or meal out where I allow hidden dairy or eggs my diet is vegan and going great.

Image may contain: food
State Fair food recovery after 20 miles!
As always my weakness is mental defeat! I have been reading again and working on my mental game in hopes of overcoming this on race day. So far this book is good, but we will see how good in 1 month!



Are you nearing a big race? How are you feeling? I am ready for the break I get in 1 month, my body will be very happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...