Day 1

As as sat last night with a glass of wine in hand and eating the Peanut Butter Salted Nut Rolls I took from O's Halloween candy I realized I was past my post marathon indulgence period! The past weeks have been filled with sleeping in, pizza, lack of workouts, wine and lack of great choices. We all deserve time to not focus of strenuous training and goals but I think I have reached the end of that. Especially considering that next week I double my work hours meaning less time to push off the workouts and need for better meal planning, not to mention the lovely winter weather that has already hit us.



So here I am putting it out there for all to see, with 2 months left of 2017 I am setting new goals. As we all know the holidays are coming meaning busy days, parties, desserts, wine, colder weather plus with my job busier days and more work.

  • Daily food tracking, mainly because it makes me think twice about the extra junk and mindless eating
  • Morning workouts progressively increasing (1 this week, 2 next week, 3-4 per week after that)
  • Yoga weekly
  • PT exercises 5x per week
  • Meal plan and prep on weekend
  • Find a gym for winter (or do I just buy an elliptical for home? I have weights and treadmill already)
  • Get back to regular bedtime and wake up, no more binge watching Netflix until late!

Besides the physical side of being healthier I started reading Present Over Perfect as many friends had read and recommended it and so far only a few chapters in it is hitting so many truths about my life. Why does it take a book to show us that we as working moms are some over focused and crazy busy?! I need to take the time to step back and look at the big picture. Honestly the biggest thing I did was walking away from my stressful full time position in June and instead working only 2 short days per week, leaving me time to actually take care of things at home, enjoy the time outside of work, be home and not frustrated with all the little things we as moms do. What big changes have you made in life? 

Edit: Obviously this didn't get published on Day 1! In true fashion I got focused on something else mid sentence and never hit publish! So I guess I can update by saying I managed a morning strength/yoga session yesterday but then went out to eat (although had fresh spring rolls and papaya salad and wine). It is a start :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...