A few Races...

Stillwater half was my final pre-marathon race. The weather was a mess, hot humid and gross! I ran with the 1:40 pacer to keep a nice pace and actually held myself back the first haf but yikes then we turned to the road and no shade and it all faded! I struggled to keep the "easy" pace as did everyone around me. I was happy to finish just 45 secs behind the pacer 1:40:45 and not too far off my goal of 1:38. That heat was brutal...
Image may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor
Photo credit Stillwater Gazette


Grandmas Marathon For those who don't follow me on IG @marathonmom28 here is the short version... I started great, on pace to PR then I became hypothermic (yes in June) and once the rain started it was painful (thank you Raynaud's). I finally walked off the course between mile 19-20 where Matt met me with dry clothes and a warm car. Grandmas this is strike 3, I think I am done! 

I spent the car ride home thinking of next races and wondering if I could jump back in, (dumb I know). As we drove the 2ish hours home the temperature increased 40 degrees, crazy weather! It isn't like me to stop so I struggled with this but as I grow as a runner, what good would it do to finish a race in a time I wasn't happy with? Feeling horrible? Having an unneeded longer recovery? All things that went through my head...

My 2nd ever DNF and both were due to cold, rainy weather. Think about the typical post race emotions now magnify that! My week after was a hot mess of ups and downs. Combine that with accepting an offer on our house and all the stress of that and well you get it!

Image may contain: 4 people, including Carla 'Temple' Steinbring, people smiling, people standing and outdoor

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!