I love Fall!

I love pumpkin so Fall is the perfect time of year. Last weekend I spent hours, roasting and pureeing pumpkins and now freezer is full and ready for my baking adventures. First up was pumpkin bread, it was a hit and Ophelia is requesting more, too bad it only last a couple days. Good thing it is healthy! I've been working on this recipe I've been adapting over the past month and keep forgetting the changes I make. The last batch turned out best so I figured I better write it down, so my main reason for the post is to remember. While posting I figured I'd also share on Wellness Weekend

Pumpkin Spice Bread
2 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c oats
1/2 c dates, packed (soak for a few mins in warm water if dry)
1/2 c non-dairy milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 3/4 c pumpkin puree
1/2 c unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c raisins or chopped dates (nuts, seeds, etc)
Pre-heat oven to 375 F.
Mix dry ingredients (flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices). Sift or stir with a fork to combine.
Puree dates in a high-powered blender. Add remaining wet ingredients (pumpkin, applesauce and non-dairy milk), combine. Add to dry ingredients, stir to combine. Add in raisins or nuts.
Pour into nonstick or sprayed bread pan.
Bake about 45 minutes or until center is firm to your liking.

Comments

  1. Mmmm--sounds delicious! I love pumpkin, too--especially in quick breads and muffins. Thanks so much for joining in on Wellness Weekend this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished off a loaf of pumpkin bread. Mine had chocolate chips instead of nuts. So yummy! Yay fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...