Strive 5K

Sorry, playing catch up on the blog this week. Some big things ahead as I turn 39 tomorrow, yikes! Struggling with this one and not motivated to write other than the many posts that happened in my head...Back to the point of why I'm here.

A couple weeks ago I signed up for a 5K, yikes! You all know how much I hate those. Nichole encouraged me to shake things up a bit and try racing something short. After the other race in July I figured why not. O also wanted to run so with plenty of warning she knew not to try to run with me!

I headed out for a 2 mile warm up then met up with her to start, she wanted to line up with me, I had her on the outer edge not to block faster runners but seeing others who had lined up in front I knew we'd be fine. My goals were to 1) don't go out too fast 2) keep pace around 7:00 3) negative split 4) win!
So what did I accomplish...A sub 7:00 pace, not entirely a negative split as I went out too fast! but I did finish 2nd behind one guy and 1st woman! 21:37 Super excited for this PR! and O ran a sub 10 pace on her first real 5K.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...