What a difference a week makes

I know, I am a little late in this post, but I was so excited about this past weekend that I needed to write it.

The past 2 weekends I have been outside running my long runs with Matt and between the 2 weeks there was a temperature difference of at least 40 degrees. Last weekend I ran 12 miles bundled up in as many layers as possible and even had hand warmers in my mittens. This run included a fall on the ice with 3 miles to go and a right hip that still has an ugly, huge bruise.

This past weekend the temperature was in the 40s and sunny. I headed out with pants and quickly turned around to wear shorts instead. I was able to wear my thin jacket and light gloves. It felt so nice to not be weighted down with all the extra layers. We were even able to run the majority of the 13 miles on open asphalt. This run wasn't all perfect, no falls on the ice, but it did involve soaking feet after inadvertently stepping into a puddle the size of a small lake, once again this happened with 3 miles to go.

Why can't this be our typical winter day? I have had enough of the below zero temps, when will Spring get here?

2 weeks of marathon training is done 16 more to go...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...