Spring is back

After a week of grey, cloudy skies with rain and temps in the 40s Spring is back! The sun is shining, the rain is gone and the temps are in the upper 70s with 80s on the way. I love this weather, but yikes my body needs a little time adjusting to running in the heat again. Saturday's run (if you can call it that) was the toughest I've had in almost a year. It probably wasn't the smartest idea to run hills at 4pm with a temp of 80 after working all day and probably being dehydrated. It may be time to start some early morning running before work, I’m up at 5am anyways what’s another hour awake? Yesterday’s run was much better; 5.5 hilly miles with the BOB but cooler temps was actually easier and faster than Saturday and we saw two deer along the path.


I have the week to adapt or this Saturday's half will be interesting, luckily it starts early and should only be in the 60s in the morning. Not sure what is worse running in 80 and heat or the gusty winds and freezing temps of last year’s race. This is the same race I ran last year right after I found out I was pregnant and my goal is to beat last year’s time, which would mean taking 5 mins off my time from earlier this month. Now I need to organize my iPod and add some more good running songs for the race, suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...