14 in 2014 Running Challenge...Are you ready?

2014 Running Challenge

First, 12 runners committed to running 12 races in 2012. Then, in 2013, almost 900 runners signed up to run 13 in 2013. Many have even gone beyond 13 races! In September 2012 I had what I thought was a little idea to run 13 half marathons in 2013, I shared this idea with Jill and we were shocked at how far reaching this little idea grew! Not only has it been fun to share this with so many others but the inspiration is huge!


Next? It's time time to start thinking about the new year. New goals and endless possibilities of what you can accomplish. I'm excited to announce that I'm teaming up with Jill again in 2014 to bring you 14 in 2014! Now, it’s time to plan and commit to a running challenge for 2014

COMMIT to a year-long running goal!


To be honest, 13 in 2013 was tough, I spend much of the year dealing with an injury that sidelined my running goals. While I was able to complete my races with less then the performance I wanted, I was hoping for a better year. Am I disappointed about how 13 in 2013 turned out? Yes. Am I giving up on accomplishing a year-long running goal? No way! In fact my resolve is probably stronger than ever! I have finally turned a corner and ready for 2014!
Details:
  1. Pick a goal (5K, 10K, Half, Full, Combination, Trails) and sign up.
  2. Run 14 registered virtual or real life races in 2014.
  3. The number of participants will not be limited.
  4. Prizes throughout the year. Hint: Some of my favorite running and fitness products!
  5. We will have a 14 in 2014 Facebook group to support and encourage each other and share the experience.
  6. To support everyone reaching their goal Jill and I will host 4 virtual races throughout the year.
  7. Share with Instagram and Twitter using the #14in2014 hashtag.
How to join:
  1. Sign up [and commit] Here
  2. If you blog, post the challenge button with the distance of your choice on the sidebar of your blog.

T-Shirt Design Contest

We're taking submissions for a 14 in 2014 t-shirt design! The designer of the design that is chosen will receive a prize! Submit your design to Jen marathonmom28@gmail.com. Entries accepted until December 6 at midnight EST
Coming soon:
14 in 2014 Challenge buttons.
2014 Virtual race calendar.
Sponsor reveal.
Order t-shirts.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me marathonmom28@gmail.com or Jill

Are you ready to commit? Do you have a running goal for 2014? What do you think would be the toughest part of running 14 races in one year?

Comments

  1. I love this idea! I will definitely join.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting!! I loved the 13 in 2013 challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely joining in! I've loved the 13 in 2013 challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME!!!!!! I am pretty sure I will be doing 14 halfs in 14 but I picked combo just in case :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in! I loved doing 13 in 2013. I plan on doing 14 half marathons in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely down for the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this definitely what I need to get back into running again. Love it!

    Maria @ The Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did 13 road halfs + one trail half this year. I am in for 2014 but not sure if I will do 14 halfs again. Maybe 10 halfs and 4 fulls! Or some combo of other things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am totally in. =)

    I do have a question though, how much do you guys charge for your virtual races?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in for 2014! I lost track for 2013 (out of space on the google doc...LOL). Thanks so much to you and Jill for sponsoring.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in, I was thinking about it on my own, but am excited to play along with everyone else too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm actually interested in this concept. I found this site while searching for virtual races for 2014. I'm ready to commit but is this for women only? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, open to anyone. Last year we had both men & women. Join us!

      Delete
  14. I like this idea too. EB sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I put a combination including triathlons. Is that okay?

    ReplyDelete
  16. So I just committed to 14 races in 2014. OMG! What did I just do? LOL! I've already received entry into my first Half Marathon (NYC Half) in 2014, but I would like to do another (maybe April). The rest of the races will be 10K or in between 10K and Half. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in! Since I plan on earning both Half Fanatic and a Spartan Trifecta this year, why not let those count towards a 14 in '14 as well?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...