More experiments in the kitchen: Broccoli "Cheese" Quinoa- Vegan & Gluten Free

Here I am again, 2 days in a row posting. Looks like I may have finally found time for things besides work! With less workouts my focus has turned to healthy eating and I think most days have been great, lots of fruit and veggies for snacks and limiting processed foods and mindless snacking. I feel great.

Of course I have been experimenting in the kitchen during my low running weeks and another success! Had to share my main dish first, cookies will come later.

Broccoli "Cheese" Quinoa - Gluten Free & Vegan
1 onion chopped
2 cloves minced garlic 
1 head broccoli  
1 cup uncooked quinoa 
2 cups water Mix in cheese sauce:

Cheese Sauce
1 acorn squash roasted & puréed (about 1-2 cups) 
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
salt 
pepper
1-2 tsp red pepper 

Cook quinoa, while that cooks sauté onion and garlic until soft, add broccoli cook about 10 min mix into cooked quinoa. Combine "cheese" sauce ingredients and mix into quinoa. Can top with gluten free bread crumbs. Bake at 350 30 min

I wasn't so sure of the nutritional yeast mix but it tasted just like cheese! Matt loved it too. We ate this with roasted cauliflower, it would be great as a side or main dish. 

Make sure to come back later this week (and next) as I have a few great giveaways to finish out the year. I promise I will get back to posting more frequently.

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy! And..I'm glad you're back to blogging! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy. I really need to stop reading food posts before lunch. I have an acorn squash at home and this might be the perfect recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness does that look amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...