Monday: sleep won but I lifted after workWhat now? Shake it off and learn, right? The good news this is a cutback week so lower mileage but after such a great week mentally this is tough. I know my body is telling me something but what?
Tuesday: 1 mile repeats turned into a sluggish easy 6.5 mile run
Wednesday: lifted in morning and afternoon gave up on running after 3 miles which included 3 walk breaks. Yoga instead in hopes of refreshing.
Thursday: morning 10 mile tempo run turned into 7.5 miles at MP, started awful and got slightly better last 4 miles.
Friday: no running today, leg day
- Am I eating enough and the right foods
- Am I sleeping enough
- Am I resting/recovering
- Drinking enough water
- Am I just tried of the winter, dark days and treadmill running
I'm sure it is a combination of many factors: Tuesday is always a long work day and fueling for the evening run is tough. This is a recovery week so I'm taking the bad runs for what they are and not focusing on them. Next week will be better, I'm letting my body rest and recover. What am I going to do different?
- I'm rethinking my evening run fuel plan and trying UCAN
- Increasing intake to 3 meals (300-400 cal) and 3 snacks (150-200 cal)
- Trying to get to bed a little earlier (bedtime has been creeping later the past few weeks
- Most of all I will be getting outside! 50s in the forecast for next week!! I'm a little too excited about this! Even the 30s for my Saturday long run have me smiling already.
How do you get through a bad week (or weeks) of running? Despite the rough week I am thrilled that I remain pain free other than the normal sore muscles.
Linking up with Jill for Fitness Friday Any fun weekend plans?
Don't forget to enter my Hemp Hearts Giveaway