|The past year in pictures!|
- I kept lower mileage
- I took rest days from running and high impact cardio work
- Increased speedwork, tempo pace of long runs,
- Easy runs were just that...easy!
- I stopped being afraid of running slower on long runs
- Strength training at least 3x per week and good core work
- I started the marathon slower than goal pace
- The hamstring gave me no issues!
- I never really took a break since TCM last October. In the past year I ran TCM in October 2015, New Orleans in February, 50K in April and then right back to TCM last week
- I started feeling pain in left leg early August but kept running with it for about 1 month
- I was forced to take off 12 days of running during peak marathon training
- I missed a lot of quality runs in August and September due to leg pain/injury
- Nutrition could have been better
- Sleep was poor all summer
- Mentally I struggle when I run and I fall apart
- Take time off of training and just run easy without no goal
- Add in yoga (this was my goal but never happened)
- Continue strength training with a heavy leg focus now in the off season
- Listen to my body!
- Start the marathon slower than goal pace
- Take rest days
- Don't be afraid to push myself both physically and mentally
What lessons have you learned through training?