Nothing to do

For the past 2 1/2 weeks I have had nothing to train for or upcoming races. This is the first time in about 3 years that I haven't had a marathon on my schedule before finishing the previous one. Between coaching and my own, I have completed 12 marathons and can't wait for the next! The problem has been my stupid ankle which I haven't given adequate time to heal, I came to an agreement with my sports doc that I would cut down my training after Dublin to allow it to fully heal. In the mean time, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. The colder weather really isn't helping my motivation since I hate biking on the trainer and suck at swimming, both of which I should really be doing.

We had originally planned to travel and run a winter marathon, but I have made the promise to myself and Matt (who gets stuck listening to my whining when I can't run) that I will wait until fall for my next to allow myself plenty of healing time. For now I am focusing on healing, lifting weights and cross training. Although Matt is not helping by talking about running the Fargo Marathon in May, maybe I'll be a fast healer ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...