Shredding

One of the goals I keep making for myself is to do regular strength training. I start, but then marathon training takes over and I always end up quitting. In order to recover from my current injuries and prevent new ones I need to focus on improving strength and my core.

I am a huge fan of Biggest Loser and would love to have Jillian as my trainer, well I guess the Shred dvd is the closest I'll get. Many of the runners/ triathletes I know started this workout a few months ago and love it. I decided to give it a shot. I started 2 weeks ago and can already see a big difference even though I have only been doing it 3 or 4 days a week.

The Shred workout is 20 minutes and consists of 3 circuits of: 3 minutes pure strength, 2 minutes cardio/strength, and 1 minute abs/core. The length is perfect to fit in just about any time, I have even gotten up early to get it done in the morning before work. 2 more weeks to go to finish 30 days of Shred, maybe I'll even keep going after that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...