Food/Weight: I have a bad habit of mindless eating and consuming a lot of carbs. To fully look at this I started tracking everything earlier this week and see thins trend. Tracking is helping me to focus on if I am truly hungry when I eat and to see what I already knew that I need more protein and should cut some carbs.
- Continue tracking
- Plan weekly meals and stick with the plan
- Don't eat when I am just bored!
- Cut out dairy again (doing pretty good)
Stress/Fatigue: The new job is mentally exhausting resulting in extra caffeine, lack of sleep and headaches. I am spending too much time sitting in my office at my computer and in my car.
- Walk at work when I am getting tired (there is a 1/2 mile loop)
- No more afternoon coffee!
Workouts: All of the above is resulting in lack of energy to workout out and even though I am pushing myself to get out for something easy it ends up being slow and tough. Maybe I cam back too quickly after an injury, maybe I need more sleep as less morning workouts, maybe I need a complete rest. Who knows! My plan is to focus right now on enjoying running again and the last long run for Med City this weekend and then another taper. I am back to racing with my team which is always a highlight of the year.
My goals for the week:
- Pilates or yoga 1-2x
- Continue my current running/cycling/weights
- Find out about joining the gym at work (easy way to get in short strength workouts during the day)
- Morning workouts 3x week with doubles 2x week
I tried making other general life goals, but I think in the big picture feeling better and less stressed will help with this. I haven't been spending a lot of quality time with my daughter and husband lately instead sleeping or just lacking energy so hopefully feeling better will improve this as well. I think the better weather will help it all! I promise my posts will get more positive, just a rough patch in life. Head over to Fitness Friday.