In the midst of madness

Yes, it is that time again...taper madness has hit! Somehow this time it managed to hold off until 5 days before the race to show itself. Wednesday and a massive snowstorm (Over a foot of snow) in April brought out the best of it.


  • I spent Wednesday walking around with a tight sore calf that I of course imagined every possible scenario for.
  • There is some GI virus going around and I saw a patient today who had been vomiting so now every twinge and I swear it is about to hit me!
  • I got home after a 1 1/2 hour drive in the snow and attempted to hit the treadmill for 30 min run, I was tired, my legs were not feeling it and I had a 4 year old who wanted to constantly ask questions and hurry me along so she could run. I got over frustrated with my bad run and may have thrown a little tantrum when things kept going bad. Ugh! 
  • I still haven't packed and have a busy day ahead and getting myself worked up.


Deep breath, I can do this. Good thing I have an appointment for acupuncture tonight, that should relax me, remove any leg fatigue and make me feel better. Back away Taper Monster. I'm going into Boston with no plans to PR after injury and poor training conditions but I keep hearing others tell me how ready I am and that I'm set to PR so I rethink things. I need to get out of my head and relax.

4 days to go!

Comments

  1. Take a deep breath Jen and relax! You're going to do great!!! Everything is going to work out perfectly! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you know what your body can do on race day! The crowds will be amazing this year and I can't wait to read your recap since I just qualified last month to run Boston in 2015! Have a great day and enjoy the race!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! Use lots of Purell;) I always feel extra paranoid if there is a virus going around near race day. You will be fine:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super exciting can't wait to read all about it! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Relax and enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...