Marathon Training: Week 2 and Piyo

Week 2 of marathon training (17 to go!) and the heat is here. I had forgotten how tough hot, humid running was until Saturday. A lot of changes to my week thanks to work and rain (lots of it). My Piyo DVDs came Friday and even though I had planned to start next week I couldn’t wait. Started Shakeology for my afternoon snack Friday too. So how did it go…

Monday: 15 min elliptical warm up and Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack, strength and PT exercises
Tuesday: Morning 20 min yoga and Evening run 5 hilly miles and PT exercises
Wednesday: Strength, bike, PT exercises
Thursday: Run (cut short at 1 mile due to leg ache) Jillian Michaels instead, PT exercises
Friday: 6 mile run with intervals, Piyo Core, PT exercises
Saturday: 10 Mile trail race (cancelled due to flooding L ) so ran 10 with friends, strength and Piyo Fundamentals and PT exercises
Sunday: Piyo lower body before work and 10 mile bike after work (had to get the new biKe out), PT exercises

What's the plan for this week? More low run miles, focus on strength, core and flexibility. Even better a short work week!

Monday: Easy 3 mile run and Piyo core, strength with trainer
Tuesday: Piyo Upper body. Evening run 5 miles and PT exercises
Wednesday: Piyo, PT appointment for redoing my gait eval, let’s hope for improvement!
Thursday: Early work day. Piyo
Friday: Half Marathon! PT exercises
Saturday: Bike and Strength, Piyo
Sunday: Run, Piyo

I can't believe I am admitting this to so many people because I usually don't jump on every fad (okay never!) but so far 4 days into Shakeology and I have cut down my afternoon carb cravings and my stomach bloat is gone. After my bike yesterday I was struggling since it had been hours since lunch. A quick shake saved me!  Whereas before I would have grabbed every carb in site and basically ate 2 meals worth in 5 minutes. 

Who else is running a 4th of July race? Have a great week!

Comments

  1. I just ordered PiYo! Can't wait to start! Every time I visit your blog I wish we lived in the same city. With what I have going on right now with running I would love your advice. I'm deciding whether or not to run a 5k on the 4th. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I want to live near both of you!!! (I'll be your PT!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week Jen! I've tried Shakeology and I agree that it's super yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your week! So many people rave about the Shakeology program and it must work and people must like it because it is so popular!
    I wish I could run a race on the 4th:) But I think I am going to go hiking instead:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Jen! You're being so smart and I know it will pay off. That's awesome that you're loving Shakeology, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea!! So glad the cravings are going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried these but have heard a lot about Shakeology. Do they really taste good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tastes amazing! I've tried a lot of protein powders and this is the only I can stand the taste and texture!

      Delete
  8. How is Piyo? I've been toying with the idea of buying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great! I'm loving it and have seen results in core definition and strength in just 2 weeks :) Let me know if you have specific questions or check it out here: www.beachbodycoach.com/marathonmom10
      The challenge pack is a great deal right now :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...