Making it up as I go

When I trained for TCM this Fall I started off following a plan, but that quickly turned into a "make it up as I go" schedule. It worked, I ran a PR, but this time I said I would stick to a plan and hopefully get even better results. I made it maybe 2 weeks in and I'm back to making things up as I go. How do I manage to train others and have them stick to a plan when I can't even do it?

Today I spent another morning on the treadmill running 10 miles while Ophelia napped, I am thankful for this option but really missing outside runs. The combination of cold weather and unclear paths has prevented me from get out with the BOB during the week and then weekends have been bringing brutal cold. Where is the January heatwave we always get? The treadmill may or may not be a good thing for my training, I get bored really easily and have a tendency to increase my speed to get done quicker. I guess I'll have plenty of speedwork for Boston, now hills on the other hand those get tough with the treadmill, I have gotten better at increasing the incline to 4 for multiple short periods during my run. 

I have a habit of watching cooking shows while I run and today as I watched a show all about baking french bread my mind wandered and I was coming up with a good sweet snack to make. So I came up with a plan and headed to the store. Even with the plan I made up the recipe as I went.

Peanut Date Balls
1 cup pitted dates
1/2  cup peanut flour + 1 tbsp
1 tbsp agave nectar

1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup Rice Chex: crushed

Put dates in food processor and process until a paste forms, add 1/2 cup peanut flour and agave nectar. Once a "dough" forms add almonds and coconut just until mixed. Add more peanut flour if too gooey or a little water if too dry. Form balls (about 1 tsp) and roll in mix of crushed Chex and remaining peanut flour mixed. Place balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet and put in freezer 1 hour to set.

Makes 24. Substitute sugar, coconut, other crushed cookies/cereal etc for the Chex.

Now for the next run I need to figure out the menu, okay the desserts, for Ophelia's birthday party this weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...