Monday, December 2, 2013

December Goals and Ending 2013 Strong!

Seriously where did November and 2013 go?!Here we are December 2nd and already thinking ahead to 2014, fall marathons are on my radar already! I strongly considerer NYCM but think that will have to wait (although what are my chances anyways?). But before I can get that far in my thoughts I need to take a few minutes to check in with my 2013 goals…

171 miles to go to meet my yearly goal of 2500!

Fitness
  • I took November easy with running and focused more on strength and cross training, even got in the pool!
  • Ran 10 Mile race in nasty wind!
  • Found the best cold weather shoes, so nice to run with warm feet for the first winter ever!

Salomon Gortex!

Life
  • Finally getting into a routine of full-time work
  • Eating has been great with the occasional splurge of course! Egg Nog GF cupcakes last weekend!!
  • Office and bedrooms are fully organized!
  • Getting back to weekend meal prep but still needs work!


Family/Friends
  • Great runs with friends
  • Afternoon of Santa, cupcakes and fun with the family!
  • Date day to the 10 Mile race with Matt and a wine tasting. 

What’s ahead for December and the rest of 2013?

Fitness
  • Start Boston training!!
  • Continue with quality workouts: speed intervals, tempo, hilly long runs. No more junk miles!!
  • 2-3 morning workouts during the week
  • Swim weekly

Life
  • Finish organizing house.
  • Plan weekly meals and stick with it! Prep on Sunday.
  • Limit holiday food/wine splurges (don’t worry there will be some!)
  • Try not to let holidays mean stress!

Family/Friends
  • Plan fun holiday activities with O.
  • Help O make ornaments or gifts for family, Ideas? We’ve done picture frames and clay cut out ornaments. I need something new.
  • Plan date night with Matt.
  • Schedule some friend time.
Don't forget to enter the Ouch Wraps Giveaway ends tomorrow at midnight!


3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all your goals Jen! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those sound like great goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2500 miles is impressive. I have no ideas for gifts for O to make. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete