Being a Running Mom from a Kid's Side


Last week I saw Laura post this on her blog and since O and I were talking about running and why I like it I thought it would be fun to see her answers…
1. What does mom eat before a run?
O: “That stuff you drink in the shaker”  (UCAN)
Typically my protein oatmeal and coffee for a long run and UCAN or nothing if shorter morning run).

2. How far does mom run everyday?
O: “30 miles!!" (with a grin)
Haha, No!! More like 6-8 miles 2-3x week and 14-20 miles 1x week

3. What was mom’s favorite race?
O: “Color Run, because you ran with me!”
Boston was probably the most fun I’ve had, but Color Run with O was fun too.

4. Why do you think your mom runs?
O: “To be healthy.”
Yes!! Love that she realizes this is a huge part of it.

5. What injuries has mom had from running?
O: “Cramps in your foot.”
Yep, she’s remembering my panic after Saturday’s 21 miler where she had to take my shoe off when my foot cramped with 1/3 mile to go, ugh!

6. Do you like going to mom’s races?
O: “Yes! Y-E-S!!”
7. Have you learned anything from having a mom who runs?
O: “Running makes you healthy and you need to start at a slower pace!”

Smart girl, now if only I followed my advice!

8. Does having a mom who runs make you want to run?
O: “Yes!”
Sunday she asked to join me for a couple miles!
9. What’s your least favorite thing about having a mom who runs?
O: “I love everything about having a mom who runs!”



10. Do you think you’ll run when you are your mom’s age? And how old do you think your mom is?
O: “Yes, I already am. I want to run Boston when I’m older.”  “30 something, uh 35? But I will always be younger than mom.”
My Boston Buddies in 2014! Would love O to join in 15-20 years.

Close I’m a couple years above 35!


Your turn! Any idea how your kids would answer?





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Back to Back Racing Strategy for RnR Chicago

The marathon the wasn't, then was...