Deep Breath

Can I just take a minute to complain? I'm usually not the one to full out talk about how much things suck but right now they kind of do! I mean really, we're all sick again, O isn't sleeping meaning no one is sleeping, Morgan is having issues with his back leg (the only one he has left) and we meet with the oncologist on Wednesday. We had to stop chemo after 3 rounds due to metastasis to his lungs :( so he's on 3x weekly oral chem in hopes of slowing the growth. He just hit his 4 month ampuversary and that part is going well except when he forgets and tries to lift a freezing foot off the ground! Top this all off with brutal cold and gusting winds making it blizzard like outside and I'm have no outlet!
3 legs doesn't stop him!
Running on the treadmill just doesn't have the same stress relief factor. Anyone else agree? I mean there is nothing better than being outside, it is peaceful and you can think but staring at the wall or TV or person in front of you just doesn't allow your mind to go!
Run it off!!

Okay, Deep Breath...

Time to look at the positive things; my baby turns 4 tomorrow and I can't wait to see the look on her face during her party (that is hopefully warm enough to be outside), I got to bake this weekend experimenting with cupcake and frosting recipes, the frosting failed but cupcakes, yum! Anyone have a good vegan frosting recipe that is healthy (low sugar) and without weird ingredients? I spent yesterday doing weekly meal prep and made another successful meal: baked eggplant marinara.

And as a runner the best part is after a moment of panic earlier this week when I ran Thursday causing hamstring pain, I think I am better! I saw my sports chiro Friday for an aggressive session of Graston, ultrasound and acupuncture and one very bruised leg later I ran with only a little tightness! I can still say that 24 hours later I feel decent, the pan is 2 weeks of aggressive treatment with easier running then 10 weeks of hardcore Boston training!


Comments

  1. I find that I get the "zen" from the treadmill if I push harder. Sometimes that's an entire hard run, sometimes it's just pushing it at the end, but either way, getting really out of breath and sweaty gets me the mental boost I need.

    I think frosting in general is high sugar, but I make mine with coconut oil, milk, powdered sugar, and vanilla. I bet you could sub a nondairy milk and have it work fine...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy hard TM runs but just not the same clarity.

      Delete
  2. I am so, so sorry about Morgan. This breaks my heart. I was running the other day and met a great dane with this disease. He was hopping around like a champ on 3 legs and had been diagnosed around the same time as my girl. I was so happy to see him doing well, but his owner said it was only a matter of time. I cried for the rest of my run. It is so, so difficult to see doggies go through with this. Morgan-you are a rockstar and I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy :) it is amazing how much they can push through.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no harm in complaining, as long as you know what to do after to solve your problems. You should've consulted your sports chiropractor immediately at the first shot of pain. Anyway, it's better to be late than sorry, right? Good thing you feel better now. Hope you'll continue your passion for running! :)

    Velvet Foronda @ USHealthWorks.com (Cupertino Center)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have actually been working with my sports chiro for months we just decided to be more aggressive as my leg improves.

      Delete
  5. I feel like I need to run off my life lately! Hopefully your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, I'm so sorry! The sicknesses and cold make winter so rough. I definitely agree that the treadmill is not the same. I got outside this morning and it made SUCH a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that running on the treadmill isn't as satisfying as running outdoors. I got into a good groove on the treadmill this weekend and then accidentally hit the stop button and I just couldn't start again after that. That huge stop in momentum was so frustrating!

    I hope your pup is doing okay. We bought this little rubber balloon type booties for our dog, to help her paws in this freezing snow. They work really well - they stay on and she doesn't mind them like the normal dog boots. Maybe they would help your pup?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, indoor runs just aren't the same. You get sweaty and it feels good, but not like an outdoor run. I feel like going far away and coming back gives me perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loathe the treadmill for long run., Nice post...outdoors just is so much more enjoyable and for me a better release of whatever I am dealing with

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm sorry about your dog. The poor guy. It's hard when you can't explain things to them! Right now the TM and I are getting along really well. Don't know why but I'm enjoying it for now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to read about your dog :(. Mine fill my heart the way my skin child does. Happy birthday to your daughter! She and I have the same awesome birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...