Disney 5K...1 down 3 to go


Ok, here's my first attempt at blogging from iPad so this will be short...Today was the start of Dopey Challenge with an early 5K. My goal to run easy was not difficult with the crowds. Despite being in Corral A I was passing walkers right away, ugh! I was thrilled to be running in weather above 0! 60 degrees at the start and dark thanks to a 6:15am start. The course wound through Epcot and I enjoyed just soaking in the atmosphere while telling myself to take it easy. 


No clue on official time yet, but around 23:30 so I did decent on the easy run. Grabbed my medal and Dopey wrist band. I was thrilled that Disney had thought about us gluten free runners (okay maybe coincidence) by having all race food gluten free! I was thrilled since all too frequently I am lucky if I can eat a bag of chips. 

Legs were a little tight so on the rolling and stretching while I enjoy my coffee before on to race 2 tomorrow...

Comments

  1. Woohoo! You are well on your way to a fun and successful weekend. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT JOB!!! I am so excited to follow your journey through this! Dopey is my dream for next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! :) When I ran for TOT too, I was in Corral B and there were walkers right away. It's kind of like "how the heck did you get up here?" Good luck the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! :) Sounds like these Disney Runs are so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! Have fun at the 10k tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! Disney is usually very good with G-Free options!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...