Observations from the gym: Part 2
Not running means spending a lot more time inside the gym lately. This morning my long "run" consisted of 1 hour elliptical, 15 min bike, then a short break to run downstairs to meet and send off my run group then back upstairs for 1 hour elliptical and 20 min bike for 2 hour 35 min workout. Another mentally draining workout, I wish I was outside running! All this time in the gym and I see a lot of interesting things...
- The man on the elliptical who smelled his armpits every few minutes. Huh? You are working out and sweating, pretty sure you will smell.
- The man wearing his swimsuit who sat down by the pool, read the newspaper and then headed back to locker room (bike overlooks the pool, always interesting there).
- There is going to be a local baby boom in the next few months, I have never seen so many pregnant women at the gym as I did this morning! This only continued as ai shopped this afternoon, we are being overwhelmed by pregnant women!
- What is the point of a 5 minute workout? More then 1 person got on a cardio machine for 5 minutes and then left.
- Are you really getting a workout if you can have a cell phone conversation?
- Saturday morning is social hour at the gym. There were many women doing more gossiping then working out.
- Jeans are not workout clothes and can't be comfortable.
- There are some interesting looking sports drinks out there.