A few random thoughts...

1) I don't know if I dare say it, but we are done with diapers during the day, yay! I may not be the best example of potty training but my slow and laid back approach seemed to work. It has been a few months but I didn't push, let her go when she wanted to and then started bribing with animal crackers and for the past month there have been no potty accidents! I am still a little nervous about long car/store trips and tend to resort to pull ups during these. The toughest part, she loves public bathrooms, so much that we have to check them all out and 75% of the time it is a wasted trip.


2) I am obsessed with my new running shoes, Brooks Pure Connect. I bought them to walk around in last weekend in Boston but decided to give running a try in them since I decided to take back the Vibrams. I just couldn't get used to the toe thing! This is my attempt at minimalist running and so far it is good. I have only done a few short runs to not over do things while I get used to them, but hope to be able to race shorter distances soon wearing them since they make me feel fast :)
Pinned Image
3) I started my new job on Monday and life is crazy right now between this and organizing a 5K for next Tuesday. It is amazing what working only 1 extra day every two weeks makes. Add that to the longer commute and my time is gone. Guess there is a lot more 4am waking up in my future to workout.

4) My child is as obsessed with pumpkin as I am, I am so happy! For the past 2 weeks she has requested pumpkin pie so last week I made one, which only lasted three days, oops. I did a little changing of my last recipe and came up with this one that I think is even better...

Pumpkin Pie
Crust:
1 cup almond meal
1 cup flour (I used sweet rice)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup applesauce
pinch salt
Mix dry ingredients, add in wet and mix well. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie pan and press the mixture evenly to the bottom and sides. Bake at 375* for 10 minutes or until browned.

Pumpkin Filling:
2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup dates
1/2 cup raw cashews
1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 1/4 tsp cloves, 1/4 tsp nutmeg (or 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp stevia (or leave out)

Soak dates and cashews at least 4 hours, process in food processor, then add pumpkin, milk, sweetener (if using), cornstarch and spices and beat until combined and smooth. Pour mix into crust and bake, uncovered, at 400* for 10 minutes. Then cover with foil and bake at 350* for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

I love pumpkin all year round and was so happy to have pumpkin frozen still from last fall, nothing better then fresh (or I guess non-canned in this case) pumpkin.

Comments

  1. I somehow missed this post-- that pie looks awesome!! I love that your daughter is into pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...