Friday, March 14, 2014

Friday fun and outdoor runs!

1) This weather is making me so much happier! 40s and sunny and the snow is melting rapidly, yay! I have not needed to run on the treadmill in over a week and am loving it, slushy ankle deep puddles and all.
2) My foot is better, I can still get some pain if I dig at it but it is all soft tissue pain. I had someone unofficially look at it and they agree it is likely the fat pad and we’re guessing it was just the sudden increase in outdoor miles and in a different pair of shoes. Oh the joys of being a runner, it can all drive you to think the worst!
3) Boston bib #s and wave/corral placements are out! 37 days and counting, wow! I think with this nasty winter it still seems so far away. Continuing with my pattern I’m in Wave 2 with a 10:25am start. Anyone joining me?
4) Look what I decided to do…
Yes, the woman who needs more on her plate is now selling Thirty-One! I love my purse (and tote and wallet) that got me through a trip to Disney packed with all the essential: food, water, phone, camera. So why not?! So far I’m loving it and hoping my success continues. Need anything let me know.
5) I think I have forgotten how to dress in warmer weather! The past 3 runs I have been overdressed and ready to shed layers as soon as I started. This winter and too much indoor running or outside in below 0 messed me up! I wore pants yesterday in 40s and roasted! Why is this so difficult to remember? 


Happy Friday! Any big weekend plans?

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are getting to run outside...and that the foot is getting better! Congrats on selling Thirty-One! I LOVE their stuff! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for running outside and your foot getting better! I had the same problems dressing when it started getting warmer here. It took me a couple of runs to remember what to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen! The last 2 times I actually got to run outside I overdressed too. Kind of funny :) I'm running my first race of the year this morning. Only 13 more to go!

    So excited for you to run Boston!

    ReplyDelete