Running Mom Dilemma

Being a full time working mom means sacrifices for us all and great time management to get in training runs. I sacrifice sleeping in, nights out and even some time with my family but in the end it is all worth it!

Here is my latest running mom dilemma...we have more snow of course making things even more fun. So the question when to run my 18 miler? I have an 8k race Sunday that I want to be fresh for. 
Option A: run Saturday morning then rest and accept I may run slower Sunday
Option B: run Friday after work (did this last week with less than stellar results) knowing I have a tough time fueling
Or I guess Option C: get up early Thursday and run before work on treadmill
Ugh what to do??

Comments

  1. Yikes that's a hard choice:/ Personally I would run Saturday but that would make Sunday difficult. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain! It is hard to juggle it all! I would either run Friday...or could you extend your race to get in the 18?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The race starts at 1:30 so not a great option to extend.

      Delete
  3. I was also thinking to extend the run on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably run Thursday and then Friday as a second choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would do the 18 on Friday at the most relaxed pace your training allows for. You are still getting your miles in. Rest all day Saturday, and go out on Sunday and KILL IT!!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd do either thursday or saturday to be honest. But I like to get things out of the way and recently woke up super early to get in a long run (though it wasn't 18 miles, haha). I hate doing long runs after work that I will do anything to avoid it, so that's where my suggestions are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My preference too, get things done, you never know what the day could bring.

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry, I have no thoughts on this as I don't really run that much. I hope you figured it out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...