A new beginning
Over the past few weeks I have made myself take a step back and rest a little more then I am used to from running and now I am taking the time to refocus in hopes of becoming a stronger runner. This past weekend of family time taught me a lot about what I need to be doing to be a better mom while still maintaining my workouts. One key thing I learned was that tantrums and O's attitude are much better when we start the day with something fun. Obvious I know, but it took me stepping back to realize she just wants our attention and sometimes the easiest way to get it is to act out.
|Imagine this with a deadlift added and constant wobbling feet!|
|I wonder if I could ever do this, better work on that balance and arm strength! |
- Gluten free for 1 month at least (I need to determine if this makes me feel better)
- Track food to determine if my protein is adequate
- Healthy snacking: fruits, veggies, nuts, homemade granola bars. Any other fun ideas?
- Continue to experiement with breakfast; so far I have done PB toast, oatmeal, scrambled tofu and banana cake (recipe to follow). Again, any new ideas?
- Limit wine to 1-2 nights per week
Banana Almond Breakfast Cake (Updated 8/20)
1 ripe banana mashed
2 tbsp almond milk (any milk will work)
2 tbsp almond or coconut flour
1 tsp flax meal
1 scoop protein powder
1/4- 1/2 cup oats
Mix banana and milk in bowl, add in dry ingredients and mix. Microwave 2 1/2 - 3 minutes. Top with fruit, yogurt, nuts, etc and eat.
*All the measurements are estimates since I don't measure except the protein powder.
Happy Friday, check out Fitness Friday for motivation and fitness. Looking forward to a fun 5K and kid's run tomorrow.