What to do during marathon recovery

I am trying very hard to take it easy and think I am recovering well, I feel great and just managed a comfortable 4.5 miles with my group. What else am I doing...
  • Pilates and core work, must add in some yoga too
  • Taking time for family activities
  • Drinking a little wine
  • Making a new training plan for myself
  • Working on setting new goals
  • Enjoying the heat and not needing to be out running for hours in this
  • Attending way too many work related conferences: 4 days of sitting and listening in 2 weeks is too much 
  • Studying for NASM Personal Trainer Certification, yes this was the next step towards a career change. Any advice on the exam or studying? I've been wanting to say more (even wrote an entire post) but am a little nervous about making a potential change like this.
  • And of course cooking...

Mexican Quinoa Bake
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 cups water (or broth)
1 small yellow onion diced
2 cloves minced garlic
1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1 cup corn kernels
1 pkg soy chorizo
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp cumin

 
Cook quinoa in water/broth. Saute onion and garlic until soft. Mix all ingredients together and bake 20 min at 350F. Top with guacamole to serve.
My helper in the kitchen
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 banana mashed
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 heaping Tbsp Sun Butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup Oats
Cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins

 
Mix wet ingredients together, then add dry. Drop by spoonfuls on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 350 for 10-12 minutes.

I love that I have my 2 year convinced that this is dessert, I wonder how long this will last.

Comments

  1. I was wondering how your recovery was going! Glad you're resting and taking it easy. The quinoa bake looks awesome, as do the cookies. :) Like you, I'm holding on to the 'healthy' desserts for as long as I can with L!
    Oh! And congrats on working toward a NASM cert! I've considered that, too... no advice for you, but I look forward to hearing more about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura- The quinoa is super easy to make too, even better! So far the NASM stuff doesn't seem too hard, I'll let you know how it is when I am all done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...