Weekend fun, food and decisions

Decisions have been made and there is no turning back now, I decided to take the job that seems nearly perfect. I will work with a small group, doing something I never thought was actually out there and with nearly perfect hours. Part of me keeps looking for the negative, but I know I need to push that aside and see where it leads. I am excited for the shorter work days, new opportunity and more family and training time. I also hope this lets me do some more trainer/coaching work once I finally take (and pass) my NASM exam.

Saturday was a perfect morning to run; 10 easy miles done with my group including Matt and O. We then hit a local parade and brought home another large bag of candy, toys and stickers. I was back at the gym in the afternoon for a repeat of last week's medicine ball killer workout.

Pouty girl wasn't ready to leave the parade!
Someone wanted to join the parade
I love starting my Sunday mornings with a run, another family run including the dog at 7am before we headed off to the second weekend parade and festival.
After months of asking she finally got to see the spoon!


My latest experiment with snack recipes and I think this one is a success! A little sweetness and perfect Summer flavors.

Apricot Bars
1 cup dried apricots
1/2 cup dried dates
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp coconut oil softened
2 cup oats
2 cups rice cereal (I used GF brown rice puffs)
1/4 cup protein powder
1/8 cup flax seed meal
1/2 cup shredded coconut - unsweetened

Soak dried fruit, puree fruit and soaking water, applesauce, oil until smooth. Mix dry ingredients then add in wet mix. Press into 9x13 pan and bake 25-30 min at 350F. I greased and coated the pan with coconut flour.

Comments

  1. That looks so yummy, as usual! :) What a great family weekend- good runs, family time, cute pout... sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The weekend was nearly perfect, I had been missing this family time and so happy to have it back again.

      Delete
  2. What a great weekend! Just cracked my NASM book last week and haven't gotten very far. NEED TO STUDY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to really open the book, but have watched most of the online course. Now to focus on my trouble areas!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...