5 Things for Friday
1. Summer is here! Finally summer running = sports bra and shorts! Who cares about my abs that need work, I need tan! Time to hydrate, stay cool and play outside. We’re working on our Summer list: playground, swimming, bike rides, relaxing on the deck. I even pushed out of my comfort zone and went barefoot in the grass to run through the sprinkler with O after coming back from a hot, sticky run! (Yep, I am one of those strange people who hates being barefoot, wearing socks right now!).
2. July 1st will be my comeback day! I have been slacking in not only running, thanks to the leg, but also how I eat. I am making changes already; gave up diet Mt. Dew a couple weeks ago, watching the boredom eating and starting to focus on a lot more core work. I miss my abs! Seriously it is wrong what pregnancy does to one’s tummy, the extra skin in really bugging me lately and that isn’t anything with an easy fix.
After weeks of rehab, ART, strength and whatever other fun therapy my sports chiro decides to try I am feeling much better, I am running pain free even on easy hills, but have yet to try the speed work and am getting antsy! I am hoping my weeks (almost months) of decreased training/rest will be the answer to a strong race season.
There I said it, it is out there for everyone to see! No more soda, dairy, junk eating starting July 1st and I will stick to training plans and make it count while listening to my body!
3. My life is consumed by studying! This is even more intense than the actual school part! You think school is done, but then comes the “real” part and passing boards in order to be able to practice. Yes, I have a job lined up but without board certification that isn’t happening! So forgive me if I seem to disappear at times.
|My new friend!|
4. Tomorrow is date night! With everything else it is much needed. I am taking Matt out to experience fondue for the first time J Got to love the ease of finding a place that serves gluten free, vegetarian! Of course I waited until late to make a reservation so guess what, we are eating at 4:30! I can’t remember the last time we ate that early, but plenty of time to walk around downtown or along the river post dinner or maybe even an extra glass of wine and still be home in time for my 9pm bedtime! Then in line with July 1st this will be my final big dairy filled meal in a while, time to get that culprit out of my diet again!
5. I feel like I have a newborn again! Bedtime is filled with tears and protest and our only answer has been to sit with her.
I am open to any solutions (okay maybe not true), this has been a few weeks now with a couple good days than a ate dance recital brought it all back L We have tried ignoring it, walking her back every time, letting her lay on the couch with us, locking her door (not a fan of this one, short lived and bad idea). She has even lost TV privileges since Sunday! I am even resorting to bribes and there is ice cream waiting when she can stay in bed. Nap time isn’t much better so I decided this was a losing battle and changed it to “quiet time” in her room with a puzzle, books, etc. and no talk of sleep but still no go, ugh!
|Tired, happy girl after a fun dance recital, complete with 30 minute delay as we took shelter from storms! She even danced, I wasn't sure what to expect but she did great!|
Happy Friday! What are your weekend plans? I can’t believe that July is almost here, where has summer gone?