June-My comeback month?
I am writing this on day 4 of pre-5am wake ups (only one was on purpose) thank you O for the early starts! May brought continued winter and continued hamstring/piriformis issues along with a less than great month of running. So what did I do this month…
- Started intense rehab on this leg with ART, cold laser and strength. I am not taking fish oil and finally seeing results.
- 2 days a week spin class (starting cutting one out for elliptical instead)
- Guess what…I swam!
- 3 days a week strength (except marathon week)
- Completed my 5th & 6th races of the year (missing goals on both), Half and Full Marathon #3 & 4 of 13 in 2013
- 190.0 running miles (Not close to my 245 mile goal)
- Organize the house, Better but still needs work!
- I graduated in May! I now hold 2 Master’s degrees and soon will be double certified
- Weigh job opportunities and figure out best fit, Working on it but getting closer
- Schedule board certification exam and set study plan, Studying but waiting on final okay to schedule
- Decide if I want to finish my doctoral project, I am 99% sure I will
- After marathon I slacked on good eating and added back a little too much desserts and wine
- Gymnastics and summer dance scheduled
- Lunch and coffee with friends and a few runs
- Still working on kid behavior/parenting
June means summer, I hope! Racing season will be in full force and so will studying and job decisions. I am also hoping this is the start of some good running again!
- 225+ running miles
- 3nd Half Marathon of 2013 (done already on June 2nd)
- 2nd Marathon of 2013 (goal = 3:30)
- Start speed work late in June
- Bike 2x week, Strength 3x week and Swim 2x in June
- Organize the house: For Real!
- Weigh job opportunities and figure out best fit
- Schedule board certification exam and study
- Decide on a topic for doctoral project
- Stop mindless eating!
- Continue to add 1 new recipe per week and stick with meal planning
- Incorporate more fruit/veggies now that our CSA begins soon
- Get back out of drinking diet soda!
- Survive dance recital and gymnastics show
- Dinner planned with friends
- Plan Fall activities
- Enjoy time outside: beach, parades, bike rides
- Work on O sleeping in (need to find a “wake up” clock)
|Someone is ready for summer!|
How was your May? What are your June Goals? Don't forget to enter my RaceKred Giveaway and The How Far/How Fast Contest