Hemp Hearts- Benefits and a Review with Recipe!

I'm I've been hearing a lot about hemp hearts for a while now but have never tried them so I was thrilled when I was offered a bag of Manitoba Harvest to review. Honestly I was clueless and had no idea how to use them!
Add caption
Benefits of Hemp Hearts
Plant Based Protein - 10g per tablespoon
High Fiber - 1g per tablespoon
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
Lots of Vitamins - Magnesium, Iron, Vitamin B, Manganese, Zinc and Calcium

They sound perfect for a vegetarian runner! I'm always looking for ways to increase protein, iron and calcium. Plus Omega 3s are great for recovery,

I decided to give them a try and here's what I thought...

First try...Salad topper. Wonderful! A little nutty flavor and crunch but not overwhelming.


Next...Pumpkin Mug Cake. Another good pick here! No really added flavor but extra protein is always great!

Pumpkin Mug Cake (GF/Vegan)
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce (or other sweetener to add sweetness)
2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tbsp hemp hearts
1 scoop protein powder (Shakeology of course!)
1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Grease microwave safe bowl. Mix liquid ingredients, then add in dry ingredients. Cook 3-4 minutes in microwave. Top with almond butter and enjoy!

Have you tried hemp hearts? How do you use them? Want to try your own? Use code HHSweatPink14 to save 20% off Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...