|I am tat special idiot! (Source)|
Race Prep 1 day out from marathon day and my neurotic personality kicks in with a little OCD...watch out! So what do I do to prepare?
- Hydrate: water most of the day and add in a little Nuun
- Pack running clothes (and repack) and I don't just mean the ones I plan to wear, I mean an extra pair of pants/shorts, socks, clothes for every weather just in case
- Rethink my running clothes over and over and think I am missing something: right now I have way too much pink involved, way too girly!
- Eat small meals throughout the day, carry snacks and fuel on healthy carbs
- Pack the important items: Keurig (yes I need my coffee), Udi's bagel/SunButter and banana for breakfast, Huma Gels (Thank you Missy for having extras), race belt, my pillow (I hate hotel pillows), Asics Anti-Chaf
- Stalk the race website: check out past results and scope out my chances of placing, look over the course map and know the details of race morning
- Make a plan with family for on the course and finish
- Relax if at all possible!
Goals Where to even begin, had you asked me at the start of training or even 1 month ago these would have been different, but with all that happened the past few weeks and brutal winter training I'm less sure.
- Run smart and start easy for a change. I would love to run a negative split for once!
- Start near 3:30 pacer and gradually move up after 10 miles
- Time goals: These have changed with everything A: 3:25 B: 3:30 C: 3:40
What are your race prep rituals? Good luck to everyone racing this weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms.
Along with goals, I'm sure everyone has heard of UA's campaign What's Beautiful, Jill and I are teaming up to make TEAM ENDURANCE! We’re going to build our endurance to meet our challenges head on and conquer our goals. Whether your goal is to run a marathon, do 5 unassisted pull-ups or run your first 5K, ENDURANCE will help you get there!
I WILL Run Injury Free, Run sub3:30 Marathon! What will you do?
After you sign up, go to TEAM ENDURANCE to join our team and connect with other women on this journey. As a team we will cheer each other on, motivate through the rough times and encourage each other if thoughts of self-doubt whisper in the back of your mind. Join Jill and I as we build TEAM ENDURANCE into a group of amazing female athletes!
And now some fun news, I am a new See Jane Run- Super Jane Ambassador!
I am thrilled to be part of this company who thrives on holistic fitness and believes that anyone can run if they want to. Yes, you can do a marathon...if you can run a mile (or have the desire to) you can run a marathon! Who is Jane? Jane is someone who believes and shows that a girl can do anything she sets her mind to. What do you do to show a girl can do anything?
Have you run a Seen Jane Run Race? Join me at one this summer and reach your goals. Check back and I will have some free race entries to give away!