Menu Planning 5/5 & Chickpea Tacos


menu planning
Yes, it is Sunday and time again for menu planning, Linking up with Jill and Laura for menu planning. I am on week 2 of dairy free and success, I feel better. I think Spring is returning this week and hoping we can get back to fresh foods soon and pack away the winter eating! Off to a half marathon...

Breakfast
GF Bagel with Almond Butter (Pre-Race meal)

Lunch/Dinner
Veggie Bean Crockpot Meal (Based on Recipe)
Pasta with chickpea “meat”balls
Salad with Black Beans, Sweet Potato and Peppers
Samosa Baked Potatoes
Lentil Tacos
Veggie Burgers and Sweet Potato Fries
Graduation Dinner out!

Snack
Veggies and Hummus
Perfect Foods Bars
Granola with Almond Milk Yogurt and Berries
ProBar


Last week I made this for a quick dinner, it was great! Easy and tasty meal idea:
Chickpea Tacos
2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can rinsed and drained
1-2 cups salsa (depending on how saucy you want it)
1 clove garlic minced
1 tsp cumin

Combine ingredients and simmer in pan 15 minutes or until hot. Serve with roasted veggies on taco shells or as a salad topping.






How did the Vegetarian Challenge go?

What's on your menu this week? Any new or favorite vegetarian meals?

Don’t forget to enter GFConnect Giveaway and win a package of gluten free foods!

Comments

  1. How do you make chickpea meatballs? i love me some chickpeas!
    emma @ amomrunsthistown.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mash chickpeas, onion, garlic, basil, spinach, tomato paste + seasonings and GF breadcrumbs and roll in balls then bake. Sorry I just mix and throw things in, no recipe :) They freeze really well too.

      Delete
  2. Hope the half went well this morning!! Chickpea tacos are such a good idea, yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed my plans and took it easy, the end not so great, but more on that tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE this recipe! Thank you for sharing! My entire life is a vegetarian challenge..if that counts for anything ;) I have no idea what I'm making the rest of the week, but I'm making veggie nachos tonight for Cinco de Mayo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, veg daily here :) I am always looking for new ways to cook to please my non veg hubby too.

      Delete
  4. Great plan! I did pretty good with the veggie challenge except the last two days. I don't normally eat very much meat so I'm planning to keep the meat at mostly fish from here on out although I can't make any promises.

    The chickpea tacos sound good. On Friday the office ordered in a taco bar so I made mine with black beans and no meat. Tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad the challenge went good! Tacos yum :)

      Delete
  5. A new recipe Zucchini noodles and spicy Romesco sauce and a favorite E2 burger. WTG with your dairy free weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...