|Proof he was small at one point, look at that cute face!|
|Out for a nice Spring run!|
So what next? He loves to run and I feel so safe with this big guy next to me so I love it too. And after 7 years he is finally starting to lose the puppy spunk and calm even more. We are beginning Rimadyl (hoping his sensitive tummy does okay) and have talked other options for later like cold laser therapy- something I am currently doing for my hamstring. But of course I sit here wondering what else without adding in more meds. Anyone have great options for dogs? I hate to medicate him on NSAIDs for the rest of his life with all the possible side effects. So I began my research...
Natural Arthritis Remedies for Dogs
- Weight loss: not an issue here, but we can work to maintain a healthy weight
- Grain Free/ Natural Food Diet: right now he eats food for active dogs, but suggestions say make your own: eggs, meat, rice, etc and remove wheat/gluten while increasing protein
- Glucosamine Supplement: like I said our vet, who is wonderful, started him on these at about age 1 or 2 when we first started seeing him
- Fish Oil: this was my first thought, why not? it is suggested for humans. As I mentioned last week with me, it reduces inflammation but lets the body continue with good inflammation. Vit E is also a great addition with this.
- Pain Relief: NSAIDs, Tramadol, etc. yep, we're on this but I'd prefer to back off unless needed
- Acupuncture/ Chiropractic: while I find great results with chiropractic for my own injury I honestly wonder how well my big guy would handle this. I mean this guy needs Xanax to gets his nails cut (nope, not kidding)!
|Post sedation, we had a relaxing day...|
Don't forget to enter my Spartan Race Giveaway!