Marathon Training and Relief


I am feeling so much better by adding the extra couple week to my training. Rather than coming up on my final long run I have 3 more much needed weeks. I guess we can still call this Week 11 but I guess it is turning into an 18 week plan. The extreme heat made the week tough and meant slower runs and cutting miles. So how did the week go…

Monday: 15 mile bike
Tuesday: 30 min ARC trainer then weight class. Evening 5 mile run coaching
Wednesday: Core and Run to/from gym/farmer's market (5 miles). A little running while filming a TV spot with a runner I am coaching. Tough to stay cute when it is nearly 100 degrees out!
Thursday: Run to/from playground (7 miles)
Friday: 3 mile walk and core/upper body strength
Saturday: Half Marathon #7 of 13in2013: could have been better but could have been worse, overall I am happy (full recap tomorrow)
Sunday: Easy 4.5 mile run with Matt and strength/core
Check out this great MRTT group before the half!

Week 12 is bringing much cooler temperatures, 20 degrees cooler this morning than it was just a couple mornings ago! This is the week I am back to see my sports chiro and decide how things are going, time to keep rolling! I have two weeks left to get back in the habit of morning workouts before I am back at work, so that’s my goal this week! And what’s ahead…

Monday: Race: 10K/5K combo then kid's race for O
Tuesday: Spin in am, strength with trainer and Evening run coaching
Wednesday: Spin
Thursday: Run and core
Friday: Spin??
Saturday: Half Marathon
Sunday: Bike and Strength

How was your week? Don't forget to enter the Birthday Bash Giveaway!





Comments

  1. It's so much easier to run in cooler weather. Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cool weather makes it even harder not to run. I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up to 20 degrees cooler this morning too. I'm excited because it meant I could sleep in on the holiday and still run outside later on in the day! Have a great race today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made the right decision in your race girl! Great week of runs! I cannot wait for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made a choice you are loving =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on finishing HM #7! Looking forward to the recap tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those MRTT mamas! So jealous bc I can never get more than 5-6... but at least that's more than 0!
    emma @ a mom runs this town

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hat has been so tough. It's really hard on long run days. Bring on fall!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

Turkey Day 5K

A few Races...