Monday, September 2, 2013

Marathon Training and Relief


I am feeling so much better by adding the extra couple week to my training. Rather than coming up on my final long run I have 3 more much needed weeks. I guess we can still call this Week 11 but I guess it is turning into an 18 week plan. The extreme heat made the week tough and meant slower runs and cutting miles. So how did the week go…

Monday: 15 mile bike
Tuesday: 30 min ARC trainer then weight class. Evening 5 mile run coaching
Wednesday: Core and Run to/from gym/farmer's market (5 miles). A little running while filming a TV spot with a runner I am coaching. Tough to stay cute when it is nearly 100 degrees out!
Thursday: Run to/from playground (7 miles)
Friday: 3 mile walk and core/upper body strength
Saturday: Half Marathon #7 of 13in2013: could have been better but could have been worse, overall I am happy (full recap tomorrow)
Sunday: Easy 4.5 mile run with Matt and strength/core
Check out this great MRTT group before the half!

Week 12 is bringing much cooler temperatures, 20 degrees cooler this morning than it was just a couple mornings ago! This is the week I am back to see my sports chiro and decide how things are going, time to keep rolling! I have two weeks left to get back in the habit of morning workouts before I am back at work, so that’s my goal this week! And what’s ahead…

Monday: Race: 10K/5K combo then kid's race for O
Tuesday: Spin in am, strength with trainer and Evening run coaching
Wednesday: Spin
Thursday: Run and core
Friday: Spin??
Saturday: Half Marathon
Sunday: Bike and Strength

How was your week? Don't forget to enter the Birthday Bash Giveaway!





8 comments:

  1. It's so much easier to run in cooler weather. Great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cool weather makes it even harder not to run. I'm ready for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up to 20 degrees cooler this morning too. I'm excited because it meant I could sleep in on the holiday and still run outside later on in the day! Have a great race today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made the right decision in your race girl! Great week of runs! I cannot wait for cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made a choice you are loving =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on finishing HM #7! Looking forward to the recap tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those MRTT mamas! So jealous bc I can never get more than 5-6... but at least that's more than 0!
    emma @ a mom runs this town

    ReplyDelete
  8. The hat has been so tough. It's really hard on long run days. Bring on fall!

    ReplyDelete