WIAW and Black Bean Soup Recipe

I’ve been meaning to get this post up for weeks, sorry guys! Ever since I posted about my black bean soup experiment on Facebook and Instagram I’ve had recipe requests so I guess I better share! What better time than joining in What I AteWednesday
I thought I’d first share some of my latest favorite foods to stay healthy as my running miles are cut way back.

Snacks
Roasted Pepper or Garlic Hummus and Veggies
Chia Berry “Pudding” With Pecans
Apples and Almond Butter
Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies – I was skeptical but yum!
Cuties
Raw Almonds

Meals
Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Spinach Goat Cheese Sandwich
Vegan Mac n “Cheese”
Red Lentil Curry
Chickpea Pepper Quesadilla
Salad with Roasted Beets and Pecans
Black Bean Soup

Black Bean Soup (Slow Cooker) – Vegan/Gluten Free
1 lb dry black beans
4 cups vegetable broth
1 onion diced
4 cloves garlic minced
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½-1 tsp red pepper (or more)
Salt to taste
1-2 peppers diced

Add all ingredients except peppers to slow cooker. Cook 1 hr high then 3-4 hours low, add diced peppers with 1 hour left. I puréed 1/2 soup before adding peppers. Can top with avocado, cheese, etc before serving.

I added homemade tortilla “chips” on the side

Tortilla Chips
8 corn tortillas
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1-2 tsp sea salt

Corn tortilla cut in quarters (honestly I had a bag of ripped pieces and dumped those in a bow!), toss with oil and juice. Put on pan and sprinkle with salt and cumin. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min flipping halfway through.


What are you go to foods right now?

What I Ate Wednesday Button


Don't forget my Khai Earth Activewear and KT Tape Giveaways!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...