Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly Goals and Not Getting Overwhelmed

weekly chase, goals, setting goals
Weekly Chase
As great as I did last week there is a lot left undone. I am lacking some motivation and have a tough time starting stuff right now (or following through when it gets boring). I get frustrated when things get overwhelming and tend to not do much at these times. This is unfortunately a frequent occurrence at the start of a semester which was last Monday. I need to find my pattern and get back into the swing of the school/ work combo.

How was last week?...
Goal #1 Workouts...


  • Mon: AM: Bike PM: Strength - No bike but a walk
  • Tues: AM: Boot Camp PM: Run -  Yes
  • Wed: AM: Speed Run PM: Strength - Yes
  • Thurs: AM: Boot Camp PM: Run - Yes
  • Fri: AM: Run PM: Strength or Bike or Pilates - Am: strength PM: Speed work
  • Sat: AM: Run PM: Swim- No swim
  • Sun: AM: Long Run- 21.6 Miles in 3:05:30


  • Goal #2 Eating: Stick with planned meals and limit the birthday treats and drinks. Pretty good only 2 meals out, stuck with meal plans but a little extra wine involved

    Goal #3 Lay out my semester schedule for both teaching and my own school and make a plan of attack. Nope, tomorrow

    Goal #4 Spend quality time with family and hubby.Could be better, but getting there.

    My goals from this week...

    Goal #1 Half Marathon on Saturday, finish feeling like I pushed with all I had and hopefully a PR My time goals: A) 1:37 B) 1:35 C) 1:30

    Goal #2 Find a new pair of running shoes. I've worn the same shoes for years and the new model is awful! I have 2 on order and need to try a couple treadmill runs this week.

    Goal #3 Make weekly to do lists starting today and plan school, work, workouts and family time.

    Goal #4 Workouts

  • Mon: PM: Strength, ? Swim
  • Tues: AM: Spin Class PM: Run 
  • Wed: AM: Speed Run PM: Strength 
  • Thurs: AM: Spin Class PM: Run 
  • Fri: AM: Run PM: Bike or Swim
  • Sat: AM: Half Marathon PM: Strength
  • Sun: AM: Run or Bike

  • Goal #5 Clean our office at home. I have neglected housework and the entire thing needs a good cleaning, so my goal will be one room a week starting with the piles in the office and hopefully getting some money from selling some old books.


    10 comments:

    1. where's the rest and recovery day?? Happy Birthday for last week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I know, bad huh! I am terrible at rest days lately although I think today is turning into an easy ab workout only and a walk. I think I am taking advantage of my last free week and getting as much in a possible.

        Delete
    2. I think you're doing great! It's so hard to fit it all in. Sounds like you are more than busy! I like how you're laying out your fitness plan. I started doing that last week and it really helped me wrap my head around what I needed to do. I, like you, tend to get bored easily. I also get sidetracked easily... Good luck with this week's goals!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. It helps so much to have a plan to refer to. Good luck to you :)

        Delete
    3. Wow, another half already! You've gotten in lots of races this summer! I'm looking forward to a few races this fall when the temps finally drop off around here. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I am hoping the temps are cooler then they are today (90F)! I use these as my speedwork a lit and since I have only done 1 other half in May I decided (and was talked into) this would be fun :)

        Delete
    4. I agree you are doing great. Good luck with your half marathon Saturday and with all of your goals! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thanks, hoping the weather cools a bit for the race :)

        Delete
    5. Awesome job! I need to lay out a good workout/training routine, too. If I don't have a decent schedule, like you, I get overwhelmed. Even though I may not stick to it 100%, I know what to expect on a daily basis.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. I agree laying out a schedule really helps in all aspects of life. It is tougher to ignore something if it is planned.

        Delete