What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. According to Mindy, Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. In other words it means, “I love your blog! Keep up the great work and keep writing about your journey!! To me most importantly it’s a great way to discover new blogs and share the love.
Here’s how it works once given a Liebster Award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
Thank you Melissa at 13 Going on Crazy for nominating me, here are the questions she asked of me:
1. What is your post from your blog are you the most proud of and why? My 1st postpartum marathon and PR, I still get emotional reading it today. It brings up such feelings of accomplishment and strength knowing where I started and how far I have come.
2. What is your favorite time of year? I love Spring, better weather and race season are just starting and everything is new and blooming. Living in a place with cold winter this is such a happy time of year.
3. What is your favorite fitness activity? Running!
4. What meal/food do you cook best? Tough decision, but either Chipotle Black Bean Mac n Cheese or Granola (in any form)
5. What are you most likely to do on a day off? Get up early to workout then relax with coffee on the deck while my daughter plays outside. Then it is back to reality and running errands and cleaning. I love these days to bake bread or cookies with my daughter.
6. Do you prefer summer or winter? Why? Summer, I hate cold weather and snow.
7. What is your favorite movie? I honestly don’t know. I own some movies, have some I like but don’t really have a favorite.
8. If you could be a super hero with special powers who would it be and why? I would like the power to have a clone to do my work and help out when I have a crazy toddler at home.
9. What’s your favorite thing about the town you live in? The running trails: Probably 100s of miles of paved and unpaved running/ biking trails.
10. If you could live during any time period when would it be and why? 80s, I love the music and movies but was young the first time around and missed out on real fun.
11. What is your favorite song? This changes and I have a few based on my mood, but I always go back to Purple Rain, Yes a huge Prince fan.
So here goes nothing! Here are 11 things about ME!!
1. I hate chocolate, yes you read that right! I get migraines from even the smell so I avoid it at all costs.
2. I had a college job as a research assistant where I collected data on tattoo practices, it was so much fun. Even after that I have 3 tattoos (and counting…)
3. I have not eaten red meat in 20+ years and pregnancy caused me to give up all other meat 3 years ago and I don’t miss it, but I still love sushi (I know weird).
4. I am addicted to coffee, my day doesn’t start without it!
5. I started dancing at age 3 and was hooked despite reluctantly agreeing to it after my gymnastics class was cancelled. I miss it now and even signed up for an adult class this fall.
6. In high school I had a huge collection of Little Mermaid things: toys, books, pictures, you name it I had it (okay still do but in a box now)
7. I love sweet potato fries and will order them whenever I see them on a menu plus I make them at home at least once a week.
8. I never leave the house without a bottle of water no matter how short the trip is, no wonder I spend half my day in the bathroom!
9. I don’t sit well and have a hard time relaxing, unfortunately my toddler takes after me in this!
10. The best way to spend a Summer evening is sitting on the deck with a nice glass of wine.
11. I am not an organized person and strive on my own chaos as long as I have control! Makes being a mom tough some days J
Now that we’ve got all of that out of the way, I’d like to award the Liebster Award to:
1. Laura Mommy Run Fast
2. Melisa Rambling Thoughts
3. Danielle It’s Harley’s Life
4. Hiker Mom Livin the Fit Life
5. Madeline Food, Fitness & Family
6. Tara Me Plus My Trainer
7. Andrea Food Embrace
8. Mindy Road Runner Girl
9. Julie Free Julie
11. Samantha Losing Weight, Gaining Life
My questions for the people I have tagged:
1. What is one food you can’t live without?
2. Which post from your blog are you most proud of?
3. Are you a morning person or night owl?
4. What is you go to workout?
5. If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
6. What is your dream vacation?
7. Name one person you would like to workout with and why
8. How would you spend your birthday if it was up to you?
9. What is the best present you have ever received?
10. What was your favorite childhood toy?
11. Cats or dogs or neither?