Menu Planning 11/4




Menu planning is getting to be such a great help for us, I decided it is time to add in lunch too. Thanks to Laura and Jill who are hosting a weekly menu planning link up every Sunday. I love having this to look back on as the week goes and I forget. It is always fun to see what others have planned and get new ideas. How are you with menu planning? So far so good here, we usually make 1 or 2 changes during the week.

Lunch
Dinner
Sunday
Soup, grilled sandwich
Veggie/tofu stir fry
Monday
Leftover squash risotto, veggies/hummus
Black bean/polenta enchilada bake
Tuesday
Spinach salad with black beans, sweet potato, guacamole and salsa
GF toast with almond butter (pre-run)
Wednesday
Leftover polenta bake
Grill: veggie burgers, sweet potato fries
Thursday
Black bean quesadilla
Soup, sandwich
Friday
Salad & ??
Pad Thai
Saturday
??
Pancakes or dinner out

Pumpkin Energy Truffles
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup almonds
1 cup dates
¼ cup protein powder or more flour
¼ cup oats
¼ cup shredded coconut unsweetened
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Puree pumpkin, almonds, dates until desired consistency. Add in remaining ingredients and mix. Roll into balls and place in refrigerator or freezer until solid.


And the winner of my Pro Bar Giveaway: Jen Smith, contact me @ marathonmom28@gmail.com

True Random Number Generator
Min:
Max:
Result: 14
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

 

Comments

  1. So happy but, not surprised, to hear that menu planning is helpful. The truffles look yummy. If you didn't use coconut would you substitute another ingredient or just leave it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could probably leave the coconut out, maybe add in a little extra oats or flour to add to the consistency, might add a little sweetener too since it does add to the sweetness. Let me know if you try without and how it works.

      Delete
  2. I'm finding the same thing- we may end up switching one or two meals around, but this accountability to meal plan as been so helpful. Great idea to add in lunch, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps having the ideas out there even if changes are made. Lunch is easy on my work days, but days at home I need to think about.

      Delete
  3. I used to plan out the entire week but then got out of the routine. Now I do what I call a Sunday set up - I try to pick 3 dinners for the week, then make one big one for Sunday lunch and one for Sunday dinner. That way we have leftovers for lunch for the week. I will make one more dinner that week after work and my husband is in charge for one dinner a week after work. This way we have most meals covered and I get one freebie that I don't have to do. I am sure that it would change if we had kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday cooking for the week is great, I always try to have at least 1 extra thing made and ready and I love starting the week with leftovers.

      Delete
  4. These little bites look awesome! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :) We had 101 awesome recipes! What a great resource we are creating!! Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    The winner of the Domata prize pack will be announced Thursday at the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I love seeing all the recipes posted each week :)

      Delete
  5. Those sound amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They didn't last long at our house! Great little snack :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...