Bring it on 2013!
Like I mentioned in yesterday's post my attitude about 2012 is not the best and as I rethink how it all went down and look at my goals I become even more disappointed in many aspects of myself but also see my strength and changes in others. A friend summed it up pretty well: "I had a plan and it changed now I can't figure out a plan that makes me happy."
- sub 3:30 marathon (would love sub 3:20) PRs at other distances: No PRs in 2012
- Add in yoga or pilates 1-2x week: I did manage yoga once and pilates a little more
- Do an tri again, meaning I need to start swimming: Another fail here, no tri but I did swim a few times
- Strength training 2-3x week and XT 2x week: My only success! Regular 3x week strength training and 2x week spin class
- Run a 50K: Nope, sat it out due to injury
- Graduate!! and pass boards: No, after issues with clinical placement I decided to take an incomplete and finish this spring instead
- Decide on the plan for my project (either start again in fall or wait another year): I guess I decided to wait!
- Spend more time with friends, make a point to see people monthly: Somewhat, but could be better
- Bike to work in better weather: Nope!
- Plan menus each week with more diversity and develop more recipes: Finally another success
- Ran 2126.1 total miles
- Became RRCA Certified Run Coach & NASM Certified CPT
Embrace tomorrow and make it what I want!
As I sit here looking to what 2013 has in store for me and my first race of the year and wondering why I live in the nasty tundra (it is -11F as I type) I am aiming to have a positive attitude.
- Sub 3:30 marathon (okay actually 3:15 is what I really want)
- sub 1:30 half marathon
- 1:08 10 MIle
- sub 43:00 10K
- sub 20:00 5K
- Run 13 Halfs
- Complete a Triathlon (meaning I need to swim!)
- Run 2500 Miles
- Give yoga a try
- Organize the house 1 room at a time
- Figure out what will make me happy in life and find it! I will have a better 2013 :)
- Think about what is important in my life and embrace it
- Continue to grow my blog and write about topics important to me and other fitness parents
- Figure out how to incorporate my new NASM CPT into my career
- Read (Thanks SLG for suggesting it to help relax)
- Look at exactly what I am eating and improve
- Read nutrition books: Any suggestions?
- Limit processed foods
- No more diet pop!
- Experiment with more recipes
- Start Pre-School with kiddo
- Monthly dates with hubby
- Make friends a priority as life gets busy: coffee, runs, etc
- Plan a fun 3rd birthday party
- Limit computer time in evenings
Happy New Year: Bring it on 2013!
2013 will not defeat me!