1/6 Menu and Workout Plans: A Yoga Challenge


Menu planning this week will be a little different as I am focusing on using up things we have at home, it is amazing what gets lost in the back of the pantry and fridge! Linking up with Jill and Laura. We are on the final week of a gluten free trial for O before adding it back in get a true picture. I know this isn't the greatest if it is an issue but is the way I can tell gluten is my problem. I didn't see a huge improvement at first but as soon as I add it back into my diet, yikes! Since we are only seeing minimal (if any) change in her I think this will give us more answers.

Sunday: 4 bean quinoa chili & corn muffins
Monday: Fajitas
Tuesday: Run Night- Sandwich and fruit
Wednesday: Veggie Pizza
Friday: Blueberry Pancakes & roasted potatoes
Saturday: Dinner Out

This week I had to give in to a cute toddler requesting to bake muffins and let her dictate the recipe (a little)

Blueberry Banana Buckwheat Muffins
1 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup oats (ground to flour)
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup date paste (1 cup dates & 1/4 cup water boiled until paste consistency)
1 cup non dairy milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups blueberries

Mix dry ingredients and set aside. In food processor mix bananas, date paste, vanilla & egg. Combine wet (+ milk) into dry ingredients until mixed. Stir in blueberries. Pour into prepared muffin pan. Bake in 350F preheated oven 15-18 minutes. Makes 1 dozen

This past week in workouts wasn't as planned, I am finally able to run again after this nasty virus has hit us all. Now we are only stuck with a lingering cough but I am no longer that person hanging on white knuckled to the treadmill at slower than my long run pace and barely able to breathe. A few weeks until marathon training starts so I have time to get in full health.

Sunday: Morning Long Run & Afternoon Pilates
Monday: Morning Weights & Afternoon Run
Tuesday: Morning Spin & Evening Run
Wednesday: Morning Run & Evening Yoga 
Thursday: Morning Weights with trainer & Evening Run
Friday: Morning Spin 
Saturday: Morning Run 

Next week I am starting a 30 Day Yoga Challenge at the gym where we are challenging ourselves to do yoga daily for 30 days either at a class or at home. My goal is 1-2 days a week in class and the rest at home. I have one yoga DVD but get bored, Any good websites (free preferred) or DVDs? Anyone want to join me on this challenge? I figure it won't be a bad idea to add in some relaxing exercise, right?

Think I can do this in 30 days!
A reminder that I really need to start studying for my yoga written exam soon!
Source

Comments

  1. Hollaaa! Love the muffin recipe...question! Do you make the "ground oats" yourself or buy them that way??
    Also, I have started "This Week in Workouts" again on my blog! You gotta link up this post, girl!
    Cheers and Happy Sunday! Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grind my own oats, super simple in a food processor.

      Thanks, Ill link up :)

      Delete
  2. I'll so join you in this challenge!! I have my hammock yoga and aerial silks training in early Feb, and I'm trying to get in yoga everyday to work on my flexibility and stretching.
    I love the muffin recipe too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your yoga challenge. I need to get healthy before I commit, but I may join you. I did a 30 day challenge last year and it really helped me reconnect to my practice. For home practice, I usually use yogadownload.com. I love their audios, but they also have video. They do have some free options, but there is a fee for most downloads. I understand there is a lot of choice on youtube, but I've never used it. The few DVDs I own are Rodney Yee, who I like a lot.

    Those muffins sound great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Rodney Yee DVD, hadn't thought of youtube.

      Delete
  4. I am terrible about getting yoga in... it's a constant goal of mine. So glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am terrible at sticking with yoga so I thought this would be a fun challenge.

      Delete
  5. Yummy menu! I'm bored with my yoga dvd too. If you find any great resources online let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Instead of DVDs I have been doing my own thing for home practice lately. Keep it simple with 5-10 sun salutations, a couple twists, some bridge, an inversion if that is your thing and some core. I try and get 10-15 minutes post run. It's an easy way to get your daily yoga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea except I am so removed from yoga my routine would be a downward dog and done! I would love to get to the point of doing my own thing :)

      Delete
  7. I love to do yoga, but find it hard to find classes at the times I'm available to work out. i subscribed to myyogaonline.com for 10 dollars a month! There are over 3,000 videos of all different levels and times. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the muffins sound great! Let the toddler dictate! :) The yoga pose is beautiful!
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Be sure to check out the winning entry this week for our Better Batter Giveaway! The winner will be announced Thursday evening!


    See you there!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today her request was pumpkin muffins :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...