Food & Running: Stir Fry & A Hill Workout

I want to apologize for the complete randomness of this post, but it all seems to fit in my mind. Food and running, what more do you need?!

Last week we were once again stuck inside due to sub 0 weather so I made the most of it and put my runners through a killer hill workout on the treadmill. I did a similar workout while training for Boston and it is actually a little fun and great work, believe me your legs will feel it. It is so adaptable to what you need, shorten the intervals and decrease if needed. Hill training is a great tool from runners to provide strength and endurance, check out all the benefits of hill training.


Now my next piece of randomness, check out this story on a 101 year old marathon runner! He started running marathons at 89, wow! and after his marathon next month will retire 5 weeks before he turns 102. Can you even imagine this? I can only hope to still be running (or alive) at that age, but what a great example of how age can't stop you.

And finally the recipe I mentioned earlier this week...


Easy Peanut Stir Fry
1 block extra firm tofu
1 bag (or 2 cups) shredded vegetables (I used broccoli slaw)
2 cloves garlic
Salt to taste
1 tsp onion powder
4 tbsp tamari
4 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup peanut butter (I don’t measure)
½-1 tbsp chili paste

Heat pan and sauté tofu and garlic chopping as you cook, when browned add onion and 2 tbsp tamari, cook 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and cook until vegetables desired consistency and heated through. Serve over brown rice. 


Comments

  1. I will try that hill workout today. Planning a visit to the treadmill at the gym:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great workout :) How was the hill run?

      Delete
  2. That stir fry looks so good!! I cannot wait to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so easy and uses only 1 pan, minimal mess what could be better!

      Delete
  3. The stir fry sounds delicious! Not so much the hill workout. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Right not so much during the workout but afterwards you feel tough :) And it helped so much with Boston training last year.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing the hill workout! It's so flat here... I really should incorporate some hilly treadmill runs. The peanut stir fry looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing but hills around here. I had to laugh during the RRCA course when the instructor talked about finding parking ramps to run hills! All I have to do is walk out my door :)

      Delete
  5. I love reading about people who have a full life at an older age. Because of that it drives me crazy when my mom and MIL say they can't do things. They have health issues that are all obesity related so if they would do something the problems would go away or become less of an issue.

    The stir fry looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! My dad ran his first (and only he says) marathon at 60 and continues to run for fun still :)

      Delete
  6. oh i like this recipe, it's easy enough that I can do it and uses tofu which I'm always looking for easy ways to use :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that I can make it quick and leftovers are just as good :)

      Delete
  7. This stir fry looks awesome! I could sub in our allergy friendly sunbutter YUM
    Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Thanks for linking back to the Gluten Free Fridays post!

    We had a ton of great looking entries for our Namaste sponsored party last week! Stop by this week to check out the winner that was randomly selected!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...