Come on February!

OneStep
Great metaphor for life!
Hello February, I can’t believe you are here already. Please bring with you a heat wave and leave behind this streak of sub 0 temperatures and crazy wind chills, enough already! I have been forced to run more on the treadmill in the past 2 months than I did the entire 2012 winter, ugh. When it is so cold you can’t even walk down the driveway and there are warnings of frostbite in 10 minutes running is not really an option. I sit here on February 1st looking back at the craziness and newness that ensued in January and I realize in all my stress a month ago I never wrote monthly goals. I did manage to write my goals for the year so I decided to look at those to see if I am making progress.


January was my month of huge decisions and big changes, with this I am a happier person and looking forward to what’s ahead. So what did I do this month:

Fitness
  • Started 30 Day Yoga Challenge on the 15th and I think I am hooked
  • Currently in Week 2 of marathon training, feeling good and focusing on speed and distance. Calf pain is better thanks to my friend the foam roller. I am realizing I still need to write myself a training plan.
  • 2-3 days a week spin class (thinking I may cut 1 out do increase running)
  • 3 days a week strength and others are seeing big changes!
  • Ran a 5K when sick with no time in mind 

Life
  • Kitchen and living rooms have been organized now to keep them this way!
  • I have begun working with clients and hope to gain more soon
  • The end of grad school is in sight! I finally (after 1+ years and multiple attempts) secured a clinical spot for my final rotation and will graduate in May (only 1 year late!)

Food
  • Only 2 diet Cokes this month: both on vacation
  • A little too much mindless eating at home in the afternoon L

Family/Friends
  • O started pre-school last week and things are good. We made the decision to go to a church pre-school even though we are not very active (ok haven’t been in years) and it will be a good fit.
  • We celebrated her 3rd birthday last Sunday/Monday with a family/friend party on Sunday and mom time on Monday meaning a trip to a local kid store to use her $3 gift on blueberry and pineapple clay and a stop at the library for new books. O and I made pumpkin pie cake (her request and dinner was blueberry pancakes complete with candles
  • Met a friend for lunch yesterday and another friend for a workout last week
  • Wonderful Costa Rica Vacation




February means the start of my final semester of NP school (finally!) and also the start of my part-time consulting job. I am entering week 3 of marathon training and hoping this calf pain I’ve had the past couple days is nothing, it is already better after a day off running.  

Fitness Goals
  •           220+ running miles
  •           1st half marathon of 2013 (planning as a training run)
  •           Swim! Meet up with running friends for a short swim after run
  •           Finish Yoga Challenge
  •           Register for indoor triathlon

Life Goals
  • Organize the house: next up the bedroom and office
  •  Re-design my blog, anyone want to help?
  •  Each day think about 1 thing that makes me happy
  • Use my iPhone calendar and start planning in work/study time

Food
  •  No more stress/mindless eating!
  • Limit processed foods
  •  Add 1 new recipe per week

Family/Friends
  • Plan coffee, lunch runs, etc with friends: Dinner planned next weekend J
  • Limit computer time in evenings, this is tougher now that school is starting
  • Volunteer in pre-school classroom


Fitness Friday

Comments

  1. It is so great to make monthly goals - for some reason the goal of one new meal a week always seems hard to me - unless it is summer when I am off of teaching. Feel free to come volunteer in my classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right, why s it so tough to get out of eating routines?!

      Delete
  2. Great job on your goals girl! You'll do great this month too! Fingers crossed that your calf gets better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy, calf is feeling better already just hoping it continues :)

      Delete
  3. Great job on your goals. I love that quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals Jen and yay for new clients! I know a great website designer, she did my new website:) Let me know if you want her email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that would be great, I know I can't do it on my own! Can you email me her info?

      Delete
  5. Wow! I have no idea how you fit in all that fitness! Marathon training is a lot already, and then to throw in spin, strength, and yoga--you're amazing!

    I've been wanting to work on my Diet Coke habit, too--man, that stuff's addicting!

    As for the blog design, I highly recommend Jenny at peanutbutterjenny.com. She did my design and she's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS this is from Kim at myhealthynest.com ... I have a hard time commenting properly on blogger blogs :)

      Delete
    2. I am up early to fit in spin class. Thanks for the suggestion on Jenny :)

      Delete
  6. Love all your goals!!

    I am on the wait list for blog design @ http://hubbyjacksblogattack.blogspot.com/p/hubby-jack-blog-design.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rock on Jen!! You are amazing, and I cannot wait to work with you. As for the cold temps...I'm beginning to think that I imagined summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! Summer seems so far away and I need it right now!

      Delete
  8. Great job on hitting your goals! As a yoga lover, I'm happy to see that you are getting hooked.

    And thank you for posting your vacation pics. Really? I'm dying for a vacation and that just didn't help! That's just cruel! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry :) With all the cold and snow I need the reminder that the sun exists!

      Delete
  9. These are great goals! I really like the idea of setting out monthly goals.

    My friend has been trying to get me into yoga forever...may need to try a 30 day challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always fought the yoga push but it is great, I am hoping it helps my flexibility. Give it a try :)

      Delete
  10. If you're hooked on yoga already, maybe there is hope for me too! I knoooowww I need it, but I just hate when they say "shut off your mind" because then my mind goes a million miles a minute! Great goals for this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not good with that part but the workout is great! My mind goes constantly.

      Delete
  11. Awesome job on your goals! I loved reading this, I think I might lay out some weekly goals like this for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) weekly and monthly goals help me break it down.

      Delete
  12. Please don't feel badly about having 2 diet cokes all month - especially while on vacation. let that go! You have some fabulous, attainable yet challenging goals, let that be your focus instead! And I am super happy to hear that you are getting more involved in your church - great for the family, and I'm certain you'll find some friends to have a coffee with. My best to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I used to drink 1-2 cans of diet Mt. Dew daily so 2 in the past month is great and I am thrilled, my plan is to limit to when I am out and no longer keep a 24 pack in the house :)

      Delete
  13. Good luck with your marathon training!
    I might have to tag along with your Yoga 30 day challenge. That is one of my goals for this year and I haven't started yet - time to get proactive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make it much easier to set yourself up with a set plan, I was thrilled my gym did this challenge. Good luck :)

      Delete
  14. Have fun re-designing the blog!

    I loved your idea about having a marathon training blog segment. I'd love to read it.

    I've had a couple more diet cokes than that - you're my new inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. Blog design will be a new experience and challenge since I am a self proclaimed computer idiot!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...