Come on February!
|Great metaphor for life!|
Hello February, I can’t believe you are here already. Please bring with you a heat wave and leave behind this streak of sub 0 temperatures and crazy wind chills, enough already! I have been forced to run more on the treadmill in the past 2 months than I did the entire 2012 winter, ugh. When it is so cold you can’t even walk down the driveway and there are warnings of frostbite in 10 minutes running is not really an option. I sit here on February 1st looking back at the craziness and newness that ensued in January and I realize in all my stress a month ago I never wrote monthly goals. I did manage to write my goals for the year so I decided to look at those to see if I am making progress.
January was my month of huge decisions and big changes, with this I am a happier person and looking forward to what’s ahead. So what did I do this month:
- Started 30 Day Yoga Challenge on the 15th and I think I am hooked
- Currently in Week 2 of marathon training, feeling good and focusing on speed and distance. Calf pain is better thanks to my friend the foam roller. I am realizing I still need to write myself a training plan.
- 2-3 days a week spin class (thinking I may cut 1 out do increase running)
- 3 days a week strength and others are seeing big changes!
- Ran a 5K when sick with no time in mind
- Kitchen and living rooms have been organized now to keep them this way!
- I have begun working with clients and hope to gain more soon
- The end of grad school is in sight! I finally (after 1+ years and multiple attempts) secured a clinical spot for my final rotation and will graduate in May (only 1 year late!)
- Only 2 diet Cokes this month: both on vacation
- A little too much mindless eating at home in the afternoon L
- O started pre-school last week and things are good. We made the decision to go to a church pre-school even though we are not very active (ok haven’t been in years) and it will be a good fit.
- We celebrated her 3rd birthday last Sunday/Monday with a family/friend party on Sunday and mom time on Monday meaning a trip to a local kid store to use her $3 gift on blueberry and pineapple clay and a stop at the library for new books. O and I made pumpkin pie cake (her request and dinner was blueberry pancakes complete with candles
- Met a friend for lunch yesterday and another friend for a workout last week
- Wonderful Costa Rica Vacation
February means the start of my final semester of NP school (finally!) and also the start of my part-time consulting job. I am entering week 3 of marathon training and hoping this calf pain I’ve had the past couple days is nothing, it is already better after a day off running.
- 220+ running miles
- 1st half marathon of 2013 (planning as a training run)
- Swim! Meet up with running friends for a short swim after run
- Finish Yoga Challenge
- Register for indoor triathlon
- Organize the house: next up the bedroom and office
- Re-design my blog, anyone want to help?
- Each day think about 1 thing that makes me happy
- Use my iPhone calendar and start planning in work/study time
- No more stress/mindless eating!
- Limit processed foods
- Add 1 new recipe per week
- Plan coffee, lunch runs, etc with friends: Dinner planned next weekend J
- Limit computer time in evenings, this is tougher now that school is starting
- Volunteer in pre-school classroom