|Everything I needed to start (+ a treadmill)|
- no strenuous exercise the day before (easy Tuesday run)
- no alcohol the day before
- no coffee that morning (cheated a little on this)
- eat a small meal
- not be sick (finally feeling better)
Confirmed what I already knew, I have a pace I can run forever and my medium and fast pace are not much different. So why is this? Well I think some is mental, I hit what is tough and really working and I back down instead of pushing harder and longer. And my VO2 peak is much better while running (46) then cycling (32 in March 2011).
- Zone 1: 140-149
- Zone 2: 150-154
- Zone 3: 155-159
- Zone 4: 160-169
- Zone 5: 170-180
I found This Article on improving performance in runners. It seems to go along with what we have planned for workouts.
- Long Runs with intervals in Zone 2 and Zone 3 with about 1/2 running in Zone 1
- Active Recovery Runs in Zone 1
- Speed Runs with intervals in Zone 4 and pushing myself more
It will be interesting how this works out as I head into what I hope is a better racing season. My goal is a 1:30 half on September 1st. This was perfect timing as this morning at Boot Camp we were all asked to talk about our accomplishments over the past 6 months and goals. The goals were easy but accomplishments tough, after such a great racing year in 2010-2011 I have struggled with injuries and coming back and feel I haven't accomplished much. I am feeling stronger and ready to make my move so watch out!
Heart Rate Calculator