Weekend of fun and food

It was so nice to be home and have a weekend with nothing planned. This never happens especially in the Summer with all the races and fun activities happening. Being a stay at home mom this past month has given new meaning to weekends. After a busy week it was great to finally sleep in and have the extra set of hands at home!

My little dancer
30 some years after my first dance show we have a new dancer in the family. She has been asking about dance for the past 6 months and I had to keep telling her she was too young until now. Being that we started gymnastics a year ago the studio said she could take the two week summer camp for 3-6 year olds and if it went well then could continue in fall. After 6 days of dance, I was thrilled to hear she listened well and even picked up on some of the dance for the show on the last night. So here we go, all ready for fall classes, I even signed up for one too.

Medals and the US flag
Friday we had an Olympic themed playdate with some gymnastics friends. This is one of the parts of parenting I'm not so great at. We have mommy/kid friends but most are people I knew long before kids. I will be the first to admit I am not the best at being the typical mom and when others are all about showing (or trying to prove) how perfect they are as moms. Believe I know I am no where near perfect and don't even try to pretend! I'm glad we went, she had a blast and I need more mom friends especially when they live so close.

Another first was a boat ride in our boat that has yet to leave the garage since a certain little girl entered our lives 2 1/2 years ago. Perfect weather for an afternoon picnic on the boat and even some fishing. Thanks to her efforts and our CSA Sunday dinner was fresh grilled fish and roasted cauliflower, beets and turnips. And for dessert...the cookies we made before nap.

Banana Protein Cookies
2 bananas mashed
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups Oats
1/4 cup coconut flour
1 scoop vanilla (or chocolate) protein powder
Cinnamon/Nutmeg
1/2 cup raisins
1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Mash wet ingredients together. Add in dry ingredients until mixed. Mix in raisins and seeds. Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and flatten lightly. Bake in 350F preheated oven 12-15 min. Makes 2-3 dozen cookies depending on size (and how much dough gets eaten by the kid!).

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, she is the cutest! I love that she's getting into dancing! I've been wanting to sign L up for gymnastics too but our schedule is so busy already, I don't want to overschedule her at 2. :) Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gymnastics and now dance have been wonderful for O with all her energy, plus it teaches her to take turns and listen to others. I have the same fear of overscheduling, there are some weeks when I feel like we have so much going on!

      Delete
  2. Your daughter is a cutie! SO glad you guest posted for Abby - consider yourself subscribed (I don't think that works - I'm the one subscribing...).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Banana Protein cookies sound to good to be true. You should put the recipe on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty good and healthy! I never think to put my own recipes on Pinterest, might have to start.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...