A suprise race


Life just keeps throwing me new things to push me outside my comfort zone. Awhile back I had been asked to join a group to run Ragnar Northwest  Passage but wasn't able to commit. Now fast forward to yesterday, and email arrives asking me to step in for a team member who had a family emergency with everything covered (flight, race, etc). Wow what a deal from some women I don't see very often!

Part of the 2008 Ragnar group
Even with such a great offer and remembering the fun I had 4 years ago with many of this same group I was tempted to back down. I spent a car ride telling Matt (something he already knew) that I hate being in new situation especially those where I lack control. Part of the reason parenting a todddler is so tough for me! He convinced me otherwise, his support along with the many other recent times I have done new and crazy things I decided to say "yes"!

I can't wait to fly to Washington later this week and run 24.4 miles over 24 hours and see a place I have never been. Better start shopping and packing. With another stretch of hot, humid weather I am so happy to head somewhere cool to run. Another perk will be a few hours of dedicated studying time on the flight, this all works great.

I am geting pretty good at this decision thing and stepping outside my comfort zone...what's next?

Comments

  1. Best of luck in Washington! I'm sure that you will be amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait! The best part is the weather is 20 degrees cooler :-)

      Delete
  2. That's such an awesome opportunity!! I'm glad you decided to go. I've been starting to feel the need for a weekend away, looking forward to a trip in Sept when I leave L with daddy for a few days. Time with girls is so important!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tough leaving the kid but I alwasy feel a sense of renewed closeness and desire to parent when I return :-)

      Delete
  3. What an awesome opportunity!!!! I'm so glad Matt convinced you to go! I'm sure you will have the time of your life! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is anything like Ragnar 4 years ago we will have a blast, go glad I decided to listen to everyone :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turkey Day 5K

GoMacro Thrive Review and Giveaway!

A few Races...