Post Marathon Goals and Mac n Cheese
Just like taper madness is a real thing so is post-marathon letdown. You work so hard for so long, it takes priority many days and consumes your thoughts until race day is done, it feels as if you have lost a huge part of who you are: now what? Enjoy the time, relax, refocus and set new goals. What do you do with your extra time when not training?
- Heal and stay injury free, do my daily PT exercises
- Run gadget free and without goals, do what feels good
- Tuesday/Friday spin class
- Thursday morning swim
- 3x week strength (2 on my own and 1 with trainer)
- Look ahead to 2013 races Who's joining me for 13 halfs in 2013?
- Focus on my family, plan activities with O and Matt
- Get back to cleaning/organizing the house
- Get back to studying for NASM CPT and take test
- Get out of my food rut and start making new recipes again...here is one already and a way to use up some of the winter squash taking over out house!
Squash/Chipotle Mac n Cheese with black beans
1 small onion chopped
1 tsp cumin
2-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 cup corn(I use frozen)
1 15oz can black beans rinsed and drained
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1- 1 1/2cups skim milk or nondairy milk
1 small winter squash cooked (I used acorn)
1 bell pepper diced
1 tomato diced or 1 can (optional)
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 16oz package GF corn pasta cooked al dente
1 cup bread crumbs (I used GF cornbread)
Saute onion, garlic until soft, add pepper and adobo sauce. Squash and onion mix in food processor until smooth, add yogurt and 1/4 cup milk and puree. In large bowl mix squash mix with remaining ingredients except bread crumbs. Pour into 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray, top with bread crumbs. Cook 35-40 min 325F
Serve topped with salsa, avocado, etc.
It was great to start my day with relaxing and coffee, before the busy weekend ahead: Homecoming, RRCA course, a wedding and attempting to fit in a strength session. Happy Friday, check out Jill for Fitness Friday. Any fun weekend activities?